Can't get past the launcher.

Encountered a trouble in playing Skyrealm Ragnarok? Ypu can ask for help here.
Loki

Can't get past the launcher.

Postby Loki Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:25 pm

I downloaded the full client (the one with the single download link, which does not have an actual installer) and upon running the patch client and patching fully, the patcher goes away and...nothing. Absolutely nothing happens. I've tried running the sro.exe file and the server's logo pops up in the middle of my screen, then goes away and...nothing again. It's like it's opening and then closing right away. No crash report/log that I can see. I've tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 and as an administrator. It still won't work. And yes, I made sure to select change for all users just in case. Any ideas?

Edit: After reading in Discord about other people having the same problem and seeing a possible solution there of tweaking the graphics settings, I went into settings and changed the default graphics to my specific graphics card, AMD Radeon HD7560D. There are two of them in there for some reason and I tried them both, with the screen resolution suggested in Discord, 800x600x32 and made sure full screen was NOT checked. Still nothing.

Edit 2: I have now tried ALL of the options under Graphic Device in setup, with the suggested 800x600x32 screen resolution and with full screen both on and off, both in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3 and without compatibility mode turned on at all, for all users. Still nothing.

Oh and as a note: for compatibility mode and run as administrator, those were for sro.exe and NOT settings.

Another thing that just occurred to me: I have sRO installed and am running it from an external HDD, though I rather doubt that's the problem as I'm able to run other programs from there, including another RO server and as far as I'm aware, everything needed to run sRO should be in the folder it comes installed in right? So it wouldn't matter if it were installed on the internal C: drive, an external HDD or a USB flash drive I believe.

I'd appreciate any help/insight on this, thanks!
I think, therefore I am confused.
Heraeus
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't get past the launcher.

Postby Heraeus Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Hello there @Loki!

Please try to set "sro.exe" and "Skyrealm Ragnarok Online.exe" with admin privilege and try to turn off your antivirus or exclude these two files on your antivirus.
Loki

Postby Loki Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:33 am

Please try to set "sro.exe" and "Skyrealm Ragnarok Online.exe" with admin privilege

Already tried that: "I've tried running it in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and Windows XP Service Pack 3 and as an administrator. It still won't work."

try to turn off your antivirus or exclude these two files on your antivirus.

Turning off my antivirus is NOT an option. I absolutely refuse to do that. As for adding those two to the exclusions, I'd have to do it in 3 separate antivirus programs and possibly Windows Firewall as well. Strange though that I don't have to do that for ANY of the other servers I play on. I appreciate the response, but it's far too much of a headache to try to figure out how to set exceptions for 3 different antivirus programs. I recently found another server with nearly identical rates and similar features, so I'll just go there. They don't have a server Discord apparently, but I'll live with that.

However, if you can come up with some kind of solution that doesn't involve me giving myself a migraine for a couple hours or leaving my computer vulnerable, please list it here or in Discord. I'll remain a member of the Discord channel for a while and I'll check both from time to time.

Also you MIGHT want to look into the problem with part 2 of the 3 part download, the only file in the compressed folder doesn't seem to work, at least according to 7-zip.
Loki

Postby Loki Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:46 am

Update: It looks like messing around with one of my antivirus firewalls (I finally convinced myself to do it) did the trick. Thankfully it was the first one I tried of the three. Thanks for the help Heraeus!

Return to “Technical Support”